What You Need to Know about Jon Morrow’s Guest Blogging Program

by Stacey on June 27, 2011

Jon Morrow's Guest Blogging ProgramHave you heard of the book The Four-Hour Work Week? Or The Four-Hour Body? They were both best-sellers because they promised massive income and a fabulous body in only 4 hours a week. The author, Tim Ferris, is obviously a genius.

Me? Not so much. Over the last month I’ve spent over 12 hours writing one article – with no guarantee of a penny – or six-pack abs – in return.

So why did I do it?

Because Jon Morrow demanded it of me. (Make no mistake: He’s not called the King of Mean for nothing.)

But here’s the backstory: Many of you know I “landed” a literary agent last month, but that was after months of contacting many other agents and editors.

The primary feedback I got from everyone who passed was that I needed a “bigger platform” because my book is of the type (personal development) that is “platform-dependent” – meaning whether or not my book will get published depends on my ability to show that I already have a large number of engaged readers.

I realized that one of the best ways to build my platform would be to focus on blogging. Blogs have helped writers whom I admire, like Danielle LaPorte, Katrina Kenison, Lissa Rankin and Kris Carr, engage large audiences and land great book deals.

So I knew I needed to engage more readers. But how was I going to do that?

My modus operandi whenever I want to get better at something is to identify a mentor to help me. In this case I chose Jon Morrow and his Guest Blogging Program.

His idea is that you become the “opening band” for the equivalent of the Rolling Stones of bloggers: They’ve got all their raving fans already gathered, and you get a shot to wow them and convert them into your own fans.

The thing is, the rock star bloggers have already worked really hard to build their stage. And when they give you a shot, you want them to be glad they did. You want to give them your best stuff and blow their readers’ socks off. It’s a tall order, and one I wanted to get right. Thus, the 12-hour blog post.

And you know what? It went up to Jen Gresham’s Everyday Bright. Here’s what Jen had to say about it after she read it, “It’s the best guest post I’ve ever received. It’s amazing and I predict it will be one of the most popular posts on the site. I’m truly grateful for all the hard work – it shows!”

You can read it here and I hope you do, because I’m super proud of it (and it has become one of the most popular posts on her site).

But what I really want to share is the how of that post, and that brings us back to Jon’s Guest Blogging Program. If you’re serious about quitting your job, living your dream life and changing the world with your words, you’ll want to check it out.

By following the link, you’ll find a series of awesome videos Jon made that give you a ton of great content and tell you more about his program. And they’re totally free.

If you decide to buy his program from the link above, I’ll receive a small commission. Of course, you can also go to his site without using the link. Bottom line is that I recommend his program wholeheartedly. There’s no doubt that his program helped me produce a great blog post and get on a very popular blog that helped me increase my own readership.

More importantly, his program helped me to become a better writer. Sure, I’m not going to spend 12 hours on every blog post – but it’s an incredible feeling to know that I’m capable of the kind of quality writing I produced for Jen’s blog. And that feeling is worth 10 times the cost of Jon’s program. For that I really can’t thank Jon enough.

If you liked this post, I think you’ll enjoy the free weekly Special Delivery eZine. Just sign up here and it will be delivered to your inbox every Tuesday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{ 16 comments… read them below or add one }

Melody | Deliberate ReceivingNo Gravatar June 27, 2011 at 10:04 am

Hi Stacey,
I read your guest post when it came out and wanted to say, I agree – it was phenomenal. Congratulations on your success with it. I think guest posting truly is the best strategy for building your platform. Thanks for the links, I’ll check them out. :)

Hugs,
Melody

StaceyNo Gravatar June 27, 2011 at 10:57 am

Hi Melody!

Thanks so much for your kind comment! I’m delighted to hear that you read and enjoyed the “How to Quit Your Job” post!

I’m also glad that you have found guest blogging to be a successful strategy for building your platform too!

I’d love to hear what you think of Jon’s program after you check it out! Big love to you!

LindseyNo Gravatar June 27, 2011 at 10:33 am

Bravo on the guest post, the agent, the improved writing, and everything else!! I’m watching from here, inspired and admiring.
xox

StaceyNo Gravatar June 27, 2011 at 11:01 am

Hi Lindsey!

As you know, I’ve long admired and been inspired by your writing, so your comment really makes my day!! Big love to you!

EmelieNo Gravatar June 27, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I too, have really enjoyed watching and learning from your process… Guest blogging is SUCH an effective way to gain new readers, followers, and fans; which helps make an incrementally positive impact on the world.

I believe that when you seek to succeed based from a platform of service, that your success is almost guaranteed… I predict thousands of people will begin to live more inspired lives thanks to your expanded exposure and outreach. =) Looking forward to watching you thrive your business even more (and publish a best-seller)!

StaceyNo Gravatar June 27, 2011 at 2:55 pm

Hi Emelie!

It’s so great to hear you and Melody concur on the importance of guest blogging. Now it seems obvious to me, but before Jon convinced me, I really didn’t understand.

I’m SO touched by your kind words. Deep bow in appreciation. I’m also SO inspired by YOU!!

Jill ChiversNo Gravatar June 28, 2011 at 12:36 am

Guest blogging seems to grow us, as writers, doesn’t it? We get to stretch in all kinds of areas that otherwise we wouldn’t. That’s what I’ve found in the guest posts I’ve been honoured to have published on other people’s sites.

The thing you say about there being no guarantee that you would earn a dime (or get that six pack) by writing guests posts is also important. Often there is no “direct link” between this activity and “success” (whatever that is determined to be)… it’s just one more piece of the puzzle, and over time, the picture starts to emerge and make sense.

I get that Jon is the “king of Mean” (he’s a hard task master)… But to me, guest blogging is the opposite of mean – it’s generous… Bravo, Stacey, for putting yourself out there. You are an inspiration!

StaceyNo Gravatar June 28, 2011 at 1:39 pm

Hi Jill!

I love that you write our actions are only ever “one more piece in the puzzle” – it’s so true! It really is about taking inspired action and trusting that all the pieces *do* fit.

Jon has a HUGE heart and it’s a pleasure to work with him. Like you said, bloggers (just like people!) really are incredibly generous. Big love to you!

tammy vitaleNo Gravatar June 28, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Stacey – what a great post! thanks for sharing your process which makes just tons of sense. And what I really like about your posts is that you share strategies that work in the real world now for real people. the more I am on line the more important that becomes for me. I’m all in favor of folks being successful, and I’m waaaay in favor of folks who get there with their integraity intact, telling the whole, real story, not just the chirpy sides. You go Woman!

StaceyNo Gravatar June 28, 2011 at 4:57 pm

Hi Tammy!

Thanks so much for letting me know that you appreciate that I share my process – the whole process – sticky bits included. Of course, that’s why I admire YOU and your writing too! Big love to you!

Erica SinghNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 9:33 am

Hey there!

I hope you’ll forgive me for the shamelessly unrelated question here!

I just checked out Jon’s course and it seems to not have a sign up page, just a place to opt to his list. Any idea idea if the course is still available?

P.S. Just sent that post to a friend who’s been contemplating quitting her 9 to 5 and moving to Asia. It was awesome to have someone else put into words what I would have liked to say to her without having to stress the boundaries of our friendship.

P.P.S. How you manage to find the time to reply to every single comment is beyond me. Have you been hitting that evil caffeine dispenser hard?

StaceyNo Gravatar September 8, 2011 at 11:03 am

Hi Erica!

Thanks so much for your kind comment.

I’m so glad you found this post and l can answer your question about Jon’s program: The course is still available. You just need to “opt in” to his list and within a few messages (depending on where you fall in the cycle of auto-generated messages), you’ll be invited to join the program (and directed to the registration page).

I’m also delighted that you read my “How to Quit Your Job” post on Jen’s blog and forwarded it to a friend! I love knowing that it may help her negotiate a challenging transition.

It really is my pleasure to respond to every comment. If people are going to take their precious time and energy to read my posts and comment, I feel the least I can do is respond. No caffeine required. :-)

Thanks again for connecting with me, and I hope to “see” more of you!

Take wonderful care,

Stacey

BekkahNo Gravatar July 10, 2012 at 3:13 pm

Hi Stacey, I loved your post. And maybe I’m dumb, but when clicking the link to Jon’s site, from there I don’t see how you can sign up for his program? Please help.

StaceyNo Gravatar July 10, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hi Bekkah!

Thanks so much for your kind comment!

No worries (and you’re not dumb at all!) — it is confusing the way he has it set up, but here’s the deal: The course is still available.

You just need to “opt in” to his list by giving your email address in the little box to the right of the page, and within a few messages (depending on where you fall in the cycle of auto-generated messages), you’ll be invited to join the program (and directed to the registration page).

Please let me know if you have any other questions, or I can help in any way!

I’m so glad you found this post and l can answer your question about Jon’s program — it really did make a HUGE difference in my life and business!

Thanks again for connecting with me, and I hope to “see” more of you here!

Take wonderful care,

Stacey

BekkahNo Gravatar July 10, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Well, I’m a giant dumbee, I see you answered this questions above. Love your work, keep it up!

StaceyNo Gravatar July 10, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Ha! Again, no worries! I don’t expect readers to go through all the comments! But the fact that someone else had your question confirms that YOU are not a dumbee!!

And thanks so much for the kind words for my work!!You. are. AWESOME. :-)