How Light Gets in

by Ruthie on June 15, 2010

Ring the bells that can still ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Related Posts with Thumbnails

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

StaceyNo Gravatar June 15, 2010 at 9:09 am

Oh, I love this song SO much! If others are not familiar with Leonard Cohen and Hallelujah, I’ve attached a link to the lyrics and a recording of the song. Just click and enjoy! Much love, s

RuthieNo Gravatar June 15, 2010 at 2:09 pm

Stacey…we are on here, a coast apart, commenting at the exact same time! I love life and I love you!!!

StaceyNo Gravatar June 15, 2010 at 3:21 pm

Hi Ruthie!

Waving to you from across the continent! Big smile!! Love you too!!!

LanceNo Gravatar June 15, 2010 at 9:27 am

Ruthie,
It’s a pretty wonderful thought…for us “less than perfect” beings…and still, perfect in our own way. That light…what a gift…

StaceyNo Gravatar June 15, 2010 at 2:03 pm

Hi Lance!

Yes, I, too, think the song is a wonderful affirmation of our perfect imperfection! Thanks SO much for your note! Much love, s

RuthieNo Gravatar June 15, 2010 at 2:06 pm

So funny, Lance…I was just on your website a moment ago. My first visit there. Your Sunday thought (Coach Wooden) broke my heart open.

Thank you for your reflection on the quote. I just love it myself (for the reason you gave)! Take care! I’ll be visiting you again!

AmyNo Gravatar June 15, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Yes, yes, yes. The light finds its way in even through the tightest cracks. Even when we do our best to keep it out. Thank you Leonard, for the beautiful reminder. And thanks to you, Stacey and Ruthie, for bringing it here.

Oh – Such serendipity here; I listen to Hallelujah just about every day these days!!!

xoxo-
Amy

StaceyNo Gravatar June 15, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Hi Amy!

Thanks so much for letting us know that this quote resonates so deeply with you, too!

And on a fun side note: Did you know that the winner of American Idol this season sang Hallelujah? I’m not sure what his name is, but my mom watched the show, and it was her first introduction to the song, and now she loves it, too!

Thanks again for your note, Amy! Much love, s